• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Parts prices

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
I'm sure this won't be anything new, but am putting it out as a reminder. In these days that we tend to go to Amazon, Defender, etc for prices, don't forget that a lot of manufacturers sell their own parts so their web sites ought to be checked.

I am replacing the glow plugs (NGK Y-103K) and called a local marine engine parts supplier to learn that they wanted $67 each.
While I did find them on Amazon for $9.19 each, the reviews had me question the packaging and whether they'd actually be a set of 3 identical plugs. NGK makes them and the price is $4.88. With 2 day shipping for three plugs, the total was $25.24 or $8.41 each.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I tried your link and got a blank page that said "403 forbidden".......
Oh my, That's different!
:(

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
Not sure why but search on the following and it should be the top result:
ngk y-103k 6325 glow plug

fwiw, There've been design changes since the old ones were put in. You can sort of see that these are both marked Y-103K:
20200228_155239-X3.jpg

nquigley

Sustaining Member
Thanks for the prompt.
I just searched on Amazon. I saw those NGK glow plugs, then right under that entry I saw Kubota plugs for the D850 engine (which is what I have):

I just ordered a set of 3 for $7.99 each (free shipping). At that price, I can afford to let them lie around until I feel like replacing my current glow plugs. ;-)

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
Thanks for the prompt.
I just searched on Amazon. I saw those NGK glow plugs, then right under that entry I saw Kubota plugs for the D850 engine (which is what I have):

I just ordered a set of 3 for $7.99 each (free shipping). At that price, I can afford to let them lie around until I feel like replacing my current glow plugs. ;-)

I looked at those and they are unmarked (presumably Chinese) knock-offs.
Sorry

1911tex

Sustaining Member
Keith, thanks just ordered set of 3 NGK 6325 glow plugs from Rock...super quick and easy and cost $15.02 delivered. Cant beat that deal ! Never purchased from Rock before.

Part NumberPart TypePrice EACore EAQuantityTotalNo Vehicle Specified NGK6325Diesel Glow Plug$ 3.64$ 0.003$ 10.92ShippingFirst Class Mail$ 2.99Tax $ 1.11Order Total $ 15.02