• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

piling guards

steven

Sustaining Member
At my berth, I have to get my 10' beam between two pilings that are 11.5 feet apart. Piece of cake on a flat day with no current. A bit tougher if sailing solo and gusty cross wind with opposing current at night.

So, I would like to put a good fender system somewhat permanently on the pilings. The pilings are 10" diameter.

I thought it would be easy to find a product that would do this. Vinyl plastic dock wheels or similar. But looking in the usual places I'm not seeing anything that is out of the box for use on pilings . Of course it is always possible to adapt something or other (motorcycle tires ? ).

Anyone come upon something that does or might work ?

thanks

--Steve

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
I see you're in Annapolis, so I'm assuming you have changing tide levels to contend with. Here in the Puget Sound, the tide range is about 16 feet. Maybe a length of something like this, mounted vertically to the pilings?

Of course, it's going to fill up with water every time the tide submerges it, so maybe add some drain holes to the bottom.

eknebel

Member III
My slip is similar, and find a nice plush pile carpet about 3 feet high provides sufficient slippage to pivot without marking the rub rail. It doesn't get much growth, as it mostly stays out of the water. so far, this is the seventh season for these,
IMG_2257.jpg

Last edited: