• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Plumbing questions..

Petro206

Member I
Hey everyone!

Bought a 34t that we are flipping for lack of a better term. She's from the 70's and isn't in terrible shape, just needs a little aesthetic love, but while we're at it, we thought we'd upgrade the existing systems. Two questions....

One, why the extra head hose in under the couch just aft of the head? I see that it's next to the Guzzler pump, so I'm assuming this is for manual pump out offshore, but could we relocate the pump into the head under the counter, and save the extra hose space for storage? Hope that makes sense.

Second, we have zero hot/cold water options in the head or galley, nor is there a shower of any kind, so is it safe to say I'm not going to find a hot water tank? If I'm wrong, where would I find it typically?

Thanks all!

william.haas

1990 Ericson 28-2
I'm not familiar with your particular model so I cannot comment on the hose relocation question. A hot water heater, if you have one, would typically be located in the engine compartment, and they are typically wired/plumbed to heat via shore power electricity or heat from the engine.