• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

PO Mystery Part

Filkee

Sustaining Member
I’ve found some odd things in the buns and bags over the years, but this one continues to mystify me. image.jpg
iphone block included for scale.

william.haas

1990 Ericson 28-2
My best guess is an adjustable mount for an instrument display... but, yeah, a little dumbfounded myself.

I have a similar box of things passed to me from the previous owner (a close friend) which was passed to him from the previous, previous owner. That box lives in my brother's garage and is not to be opened for fear of creating new projects and/or deep speculation.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Why, that is obviously what it clearly is. It is for the purpose for which it was so well designed. Many boats have such devices, which serve many purposes, although of various manufacture and materials.

I use one of those on my boat to hold a block of cheese to the floor. The plug is useless, it has no wire.

bigd14

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Waxing iron stand misplaced in the boat bin? That looks suspiciously like a ski wax bench...

Filkee

Sustaining Member
Winter ski tuning bench/summer boat bench. And I’m glad to know that I am making proper use of the device.

Sailingfun

Member III
Be carefull! Those misterious parts are the soul of the boat.... you loose and 24 hs later something go wrong and that now wasted part was "the" solution at the problem... ;)

Gaviate

Member III
Well its universally known that a square peg will not go into a round hole, You Sir have found yourself a round peg holder!!!

dcardew

Had a circular one of those come with an old school analog knot meter for my previous boat. (1970 design, knot meter was never used, bought from a shop in Florida after 6 months searching) The bracket I received was to go around the knot meter behind the fiberglass cutout, and then once tight around the housing the screws pushed against the glass to pull and secure it in.
Any electronics onboard that size? My guess would be a depthsounder. Or a cheese board.