• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Possible leak in fuel tank

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Fuel Line?

Fuel lines are pretty inexpensive - so get the highest quality you can find. You want one that is rated for diesel - and is protected (best case).

Take out the old one, empty your filter, clean the bowl out, change your in-line filter put in the new one, and then bleed the system until the new diesel is at your injectors.

Then take the old nasty, dirty diesel and dirt to the recycling place for oils and fuels...I used an old milk jug... This is a job you can do yourself - and a good one to get you acquainted with your fuel line and chain from the tank. I also recommend running the engine (at the dock) for a good while to ensure you have no air pockets, etc...

//sse

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
Sean - that link did not work when I tried it, it came back 'no matches'.

My new tank was about $300 custom built from www.floridamarinetanks.com.

There have been long threads in the past, as it is one of the harder things to replace, due to the fact the deck was built with the tank already in place. Try a search as Sean suggested, and they should not be too hard to find.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972

Tom Plummer

Member III
I was able to get my old one out and the new one which is 2 gal bigger in through the STBD side lazzerett. My boat has the under the companionway ladder engine.

TheArch

Thank to all. The job Itself seems pretty staight forward, the challenge was estimating cost overall. Its always about the bottom line....