• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Poughkeepsie around Long Island and back!

David Grimm

E38-200
Hey Noreasters! Made it from Poughkeepsie to Havastraw Marina yesterday and from there to Liberty Landing today. Next stop New Rochelle! Little 5432 pulling its weight. Weak winds past few days.

Bfiege

Hey David! New hear and just saw your message, Good luck on your Voyage! I just sailed my (new to me) Ericson 27 from Mamamaroneck(Long Island Sound) to Beacon(Hudson River). Such an incredible trip! Some great sailing there in the Harvastraw bay and throughout the whole trip! My 1978 Yanmar(YSB8) certainly pulled its weight as well! Safe travels, and fair winds!

wynkoop

Member III
When my boat was in Ossining I used to love sailing the Hudson river near Harvastraw. Such a beautiful area. Once Silver Maiden sees her current repairs complete I may just do a trip up river.

David on your way around the south shore when you reach Brooklyn there are a couple of Marina's that can handle you in Mill Basin just off Jamaica Bay.

David Grimm

E38-200
Heading out tomorrow morning 5am for a 21 hr solo journey outside of Long Island. May be a workout for the motor. Pray for a better wind forecast!
On 2nd thought... "small craft advisory" issued. Even though diminished in winds since first issued it has been extended until tomorrow. I would have been in for a 24hr beating. Wednesday the 15 will be better overall.

David Grimm

E38-200
Passing through in 20 min! Left Montauk solo at 5am. Sailed all the way to Coney Island. Been motor sailing since. I'm beat.

cdesopo

Member II
ok, we're not at the marina & it sounds like you needs some rest, but let's get together sometime. We just bought our E32 in May & launched her on July 1st. Still some work to do but we're excited to start sailing up & down the Hudson :)

Mack8964

Member I
I'm at the Chelsea Yacht Club. On the hard this season trying to replace the freshwater system and tick off some items from the survey. Nice to hear there are fellow owners near me. Sounds like a great trip. I sailed my new to me boat down from Barrington RI May 2019. Winds weren't kind for me