• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Printing Lewmar Hatch Article

jgarmin098

Member II
Hi:

I can't get the Yachting Monthly Lewmar hatch replacement article to print properly. It's in jpeg format and opens in IE. Printing only gives me the top left corner of the page.

Help?

JG

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Taming the wild JPG

I am not trying to be a wise-a__, but first stop trying to open it inside a web browser... :rolleyes:
I would d/l it to my computer "desktop" and then open it with any inexpensive graphics program such as PhotoShop Elements or similar.
For other computer users short of coin like me, ColorIt! for OSX has just come back into the market... for about $40. I used to rely on it for everything in Ye Olden (system nine) Days before I had to switch to the ~$90. PS Elements application.

Next option is to go the dropdown menu in your graphics app and change the "image size" to something like 8.5 X 11 inches. Then check the Print Dialog box for some sort of choice that makes the image fit the page.
Often times the image is native at quite a large size, and your printer needs to be politely told to make it fit on the paper.

FWIW, I have had the same problem once in a while. Quite an eye-opener, and I waste some ink discovering the problem!
:nerd:

Best,
Loren