• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Pro-furl roller furling system

Desiderata

Member II
We recently replaced a Pro-Furl roller furling system on our E-27, with a Harken system. Reason being, we are restoring the standing rigging and our rigging contractor suggested replacing the furling system to more effectively reef the new jib he'll be building for us. He bought out a few of these Harken systems from an ailing loft and gave us a great deal on it. Point being, there's nothing at all wrong with the Pro-Furl system. Anyone interested, selling the Pro-Furl would help recoup $$$$$$$ spent on new sails and roller-furler. BTW the old 150% genoa and mainsail can be had for any reasonable offer.

Mike & Cheri McNulty,

Desiderata, Sarasota, FL.
(941) 365-1626:egrin:

joe-fran

Member II
E-27 furler

I may be interested.

I have a 1971 E-27.

I am in the midst or trying to decide whether to upgrade some of the boat's honey-do list (furler, dodger, change out the AT 4 etc etc) or just sell as is and buy a new boat already better equipped. Anyway do you have a price and will you ship to Massachusetts?

Thanks

Joe Gautreau

Desiderata

Member II
Hi Joe,

I likely have sold the roller furling unit locally. I may still have a jib and perhaps mainsail that will work for you though. To help determine whether to restore what you've got or buy something else, you may want to have someone who is knowledgable look your E-27 over and render an opinion. We've sunk more into our '78 E-27 than we're likely to get back if we sold it, but we plan to use it often for coastal cruising and pleasure daysailing. Knowledgable sailors have often told us that the old boats, especially an Ericson, are prefered over newer boats as the manufacturer over-built them in the 70's as compared with todays' "bic-lighter" boats. Look hard at the decks, walk on them to see if they're soft or spongy (red flag) also the standing rig can be examined by removing the wooden panels just under the windows inside the cabin. Determine how often you'd use the boat. Who needs a 401 K anyhow?!...

Mike

MattHannam

Furling Genoa

Can you tell me about your furling Genoa for sale? Mine was just ripped up in a storm and I'm trying to replace. Thanks!

Matt
Greensboro, NC

We recently replaced a Pro-Furl roller furling system on our E-27, with a Harken system. Reason being, we are restoring the standing rigging and our rigging contractor suggested replacing the furling system to more effectively reef the new jib he'll be building for us. He bought out a few of these Harken systems from an ailing loft and gave us a great deal on it. Point being, there's nothing at all wrong with the Pro-Furl system. Anyone interested, selling the Pro-Furl would help recoup $$$$$$$ spent on new sails and roller-furler. BTW the old 150% genoa and mainsail can be had for any reasonable offer.

Mike & Cheri McNulty,

Desiderata, Sarasota, FL.
(941) 365-1626:egrin: