• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Project Boat Auction, Point Roberts, WA

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
FYI only--I received this message on Facebook from a sailor who is not a member of the forum:

@ Point Roberts, WA.
went to see the interior of the auction boat today; the marina cut the locks. clean (untidy, but "clean") inside; batteries look newish, but dead (revived when put on a charger); 3 inches of water in the bilge, otherwise seems dry inside and doesn't smell at all. sails look good. binnacle looks good. wheel turns and rudder turns. looks like a solid boat; ericsons are well built. this one looks vintage late 70s. interior wood is good; exterior is ok, but needs refinishing. engine looks 50/50. Generally, the boat looks solid, but needs an overhaul. as for the engine, who knows what it would do when cranked...could be a good investment project to sail and/or flip, given a few months and elbow grease. the logistics really don't work for me right now.the marina is taking sealed bids (min. $3K) until 3pm Saturday [3.14.20].

Image may contain: sky, boat, ocean, cloud, outdoor, water and nature
Image may contain: sky, ocean, boat, cloud, outdoor, water and nature
Image may contain: people sitting and indoor
Image may contain: people sitting, screen, living room and indoor
No photo description available.

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
FWIW, I clicked on the "see more" words, and got a Facebook demand to log in to continue. Guess we'll never know, and it's all OK since I would never be a customer anyway.
Wonder what model it is?
Thanks for the pix anyhow.

And a happy "Pi Day" to you all. We have over a half inch of new show on the ground and still falling, BTW.
Unusual for PDX this far into spring.
edit: just looked at the marina web site and other 'repossessed' boats are listed, but nothing like this one. Lovely place and I was right there on that transit dock several years ago to board a huge Catalina 350, to assist in a delivery down to Oregon.

Last edited:

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
That does look surprisingly well cared for, for an "abandoned" boat. 35-2, is it not?

While I was out for my morning walk/run in the snow, I was contemplating the current economic brake-tap (well... seems like somebody yanked the emergency handle) and wondering whether there might be a fresh crop of abandoned (and desperate to get rid of) boats in about a year.

Re: the fresh canvas of snow. Looks like the rabbits and tree squirrels have been out and about, but the coyotes are sleeping in today. My pair of blue herons are in a snit because the frogs have gone back to bed. Thinking of boat projects that could be done close to the wood stove in the shop...

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Re "see more," I copied that information in so nothing more left to see on Facebook. (unnecessary link has been removed)

Last edited:

steven

Sustaining Member
anyone know if this sold ? Just curious, I am not interested in buying. Looks (from pictures) like a bargain.
If it had been on the East Coast I would have considered bidding just for the parts.
--Steve