• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Query re window trim

Sandy Rose

Greetings. I've been trying to replace the plastic trim from around the opening ports of my 1990 E38-200. Couldn't source them through Lewmar, and even attempted to have a guy make some on a CNC router (which didn't fit very well). Anyone know where I could source some of these?

Separate but related, I'm also trying to replace the piece of T-shaped trim beneath my hatches. Thought this would be relatively easy, e.g., finding a roll of it at a hardware or window store. Again, no luck.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• hatch trim 2.jpg
    hatch trim 2.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 20
  • hatch trim 1.jpg
    hatch trim 1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 20
  • window trim.jpg
    window trim.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 20

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Someone here might have a source for your T-trim, and I am likely not the only one that would love to have new plastic trims for my Lewmar opening ports. I read somewhere that Lewmar decided to stop supplying them. More's the pity.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
That stuff is called "flexible T-molding"-- just plastic, basic use is to stick in a groove in end-grain plywood to provide a so-called "finished" edge. For some reason it is associated with "arcade game woodwork."

It's available on Amazon in every color or fake wood texture. For us, it is necessary to measure our existing T-molding, because there are several sizes (and, yeah, I got it wrong). Also, 25' lengths can be bought--we're not stuck with 100'.

I was quite pleased to switch the original fake teak plastic T-molding for white T-molding around the big hatches. Matter of taste.

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Those trim pieces can be found at Catalina Direct. Measure outside dimensions of port.