• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Racor 500 fittings

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
From what I can tell, my Yanmar 3Ym20 takes 5/16 fuel lines (probably the closest standard size to the metric size it was actually designed for). I'm having a hard time getting from the 3/4-16" UNF ports on the Racor to the 5/16 fuel line needed. Does anyone have a good resource to source parts and get some advise? Local stores are extremely low on fittings and 100% out of 5/16" A1 fuel hose.

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
What size fuel line was standard on Ericson's with the original Universals? Did anyone run into a similar issue when installing a Racor 500?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I found that the stock fitting size on the Racor casting was for a fairly large connector, and I had to find the adapter for my size hose. A local industrial supply house had some and a couple had to be sourced off the 'net,

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
This was a difficult one. Racor doesn't have an off-the-shelf fitting, so you're left to come up with one yourself. It was kind of an interesting experiment in finding out how local businesses solve the unknown.

I followed the recommendations of each shop until I ended up at North Sound Hose and Fittings. They had the exact fitting I needed covered in dust and discounted because they had been taking up shelf space for over ten years. I guess there are still some problems even Google can't solve.

They called it a 3/4 male Unf to male 5/16 JIC 90. With a 5/16 female jic to barb, I was in business.

Prairie Schooner

Jeff & Donna, E35-3 purchased 7/21
This was a difficult one. Racor doesn't have an off-the-shelf fitting, so you're left to come up with one yourself. It was kind of an interesting experiment in finding out how local businesses solve the unknown.

I followed the recommendations of each shop until I ended up at North Sound Hose and Fittings. They had the exact fitting I needed covered in dust and discounted because they had been taking up shelf space for over ten years. I guess there are still some problems even Google can't solve.

They called it a 3/4 male Unf to male 5/16 JIC 90. With a 5/16 female jic to barb, I was in business.
God bless independent parts and hardware stores with dusty shelves!!

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
Colliflower will make whatever you want and if you are on the east coast they have a lot of stores to walk in and wait.
If not in this area, try a Google Map search for "industrial hose fittings"

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
A bit late to the party here, but I think the RacorStore might have what you need. I used them for the fittings on my own 500, but my engine uses 1/4" fuel line. Nevertheless, I think these may be the bits from this site that you would need:

First, you could go with a Racor 911-08-F4 straight fitting adapter

Then, you could install a Racor 951-N4-H5 Hose Barb 5/16 into that.

It appears that you already sourced what you needed, so this advice is moot--for you. But it might be of use to someone else in the future.

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
A bit late to the party here, but I think the RacorStore might have what you need. I used them for the fittings on my own 500, but my engine uses 1/4" fuel line. Nevertheless, I think these may be the bits from this site that you would need:

First, you could go with a Racor 911-08-F4 straight fitting adapter

Then, you could install a Racor 951-N4-H5 Hose Barb 5/16 into that.

It appears that you already sourced what you needed, so this advice is moot--for you. But it might be of use to someone else in the future.
CORRECTION:

For the first part, I had the correct part number shown but the link did not go to the correct part. Here's what should now be the correct link for the 911-08-F4 straight fitting adapter.