• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Racor 500FG bushing adapter

patrscoe

Member III
I recently purchased a Racor 500FG fuel filter assembly and the ports are 3/4"-16 UNF threads.
I am trying to find bushing reducers to go from 3/4"-16 UNF threads - male to 1/4" - female to accept the standard 5/16" hose barb / fuel line used on Unversal engines.
Racor 500 was highly recommended and I cannot find a bushing to reduce the large port, especically in a 3/4-16 thread.
I have checked mcmaster, grainger, marine stores, amazon. Standard 3/4 thread I can find.
Any help from Racor 500 users?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
What Alan sez... And....
I forget where I sourced the new parts to adapt two sizes of hose, but I found them. It's been several years.
If you look at one or two these pix you might get some ideas.

patrscoe

Member III
Thanks - I did check the website out this afternoon and it ended up costing close to $50 for two bushings (shipping was as much as the bushings).
That seemed excessive.

I finally found them on Fisheries Supply. Shipping was a little better.
They were difficult to find. I didn't realize the port sizes were this large (3/4") but also having a 16 threads which is hard to find. Amazon, Grainger and so on had bushings but once you review the specs, they had course threads.

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
Thanks - I did check the website out this afternoon and it ended up costing close to $50 for two bushings (shipping was as much as the bushings).
That seemed excessive.
Yeah, I've found that this issue with exorbitant shipping happens all too often. Glad you were able to find them for less at Fisheries.