• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

radiator refit for E27 Palmer P60

SteveS

Member II
I have a 1974 E27 with a Palmer P 60 gasoline engine. This was based on the IH60 engine seen in the Cub tractors. It is currently raw water cooled. I would like to add a radiator. I can purchase a new radiator for the IH Cub tractor. It would seem that all I would need to do is connect the inlet/outlet at the appropriate places and perhaps change the thermostat to enjoy a fresh water cooled engine. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.
Steve

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 361

Mike.Gritten

Member III
Steve,

most of the FWC engines in pleasurecraft like ours are cooled using a seawater-to-freshwater heat exchanger - no radiator in the sense that you're thinking about. The problem with cooling with a radiator like in a car, is you have to supply the rad with oodles of fresh, cool outside air and then push or pull that air through the core of the rad to cool the water flowing through it. Where would you put it? And how would you move the air through the rad (12v fan maybe)? And, probably the toughest problem, where do you vent all that VERY warm air after it has cooled your engine? I'm sure all the bright folks on this site will have a million ways to do this, but if I were you, I would try and find a way to install the water/water heat exchanger. Good luck!