• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

"Rarotonga" by Christian Williams/Audiobook/Gift Copies

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
On its way to my iPad. Can't wait to read it!

(I have no idea how you do all you do. I barely have enough time to read a book, let alone write one.)

Last edited:

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Just ordered my copy today from the folks at Amazon. But I'm curious, Christian, when did you first get the idea to write this book? Was it sometime during the two round trips to Hawaii and back? I'm sure you had a lot of time to think about many things during those voyages.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The ideas in fiction are mysterious and sort of seduce you and guide you, and none of my writer friends are able to say where they come from.

But the sailing stuff, oh yes, certainly from experience out there. And thinking how you singlehand a Little Harbor 63....

nquigley

Sustaining Member
The ideas in fiction are mysterious and sort of seduce you and guide you, and none of my writer friends are able to say where they come from.
But the sailing stuff, oh yes, certainly from experience out there. And thinking how you singlehand a Little Harbor 63....

Christian - Is there a way to get an 'author-signed' copy of Rarotonga? I think I did that somehow with your first book.

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Read it last night. Loved it! (made especially good by being able to hear your voice in my head while I read)

Really great to read a novel, too, where the author gets the sailing stuff right.

My favorite resonant passage (of many): "Their concerns, and his, were swept away by the magic of his hand on a tiller, the wind in his face, and the power to align himself with universal forces. It put him at the helm of the world."

Amen!
Bruce

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Gift Copies

For a signed gift copy with inscription, let us have some notion of what to say and where to send the book.

Send check made out to East Wind Productions, Inc. for $22 ($18.95 plus $3 media mail). Postage to Canada is $22.

Phyllis Wade
Olmstead Williams Communications
10940 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1210
Los Angeles, CA 90024

Her contact
310-824-9000
phyllis@olmsteadwilliams.com

Last edited:

supersailor

Contributing Partner
Hi Christian,

I missed where to order your book (doddering old age, I suspect). I just dug around and found it. I will order today. It will be good to read something worthwhile instead of the swill generally published nowadays.

nquigley

Sustaining Member
For a signed gift copy with inscription, let us have some notion of what to say and where to send the book.

Send check made out to East Wind Productions, Inc. for $22 ($18.95 plus $3 media mail). Postage to Canada is $22.

Phyllis Wade
Olmstead Williams Communications
10940 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1210
Los Angeles, CA 90024

Her contact
310-824-9000
phyllis@olmsteadwilliams.com

Santa gave me a signed copy (thanks, Christian!) - I'm finding this book to be quite a page-turner.
I'm about half way through - presently, I'm very concerned about human flotsum ... :)

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
October was a while ago.
Is your offer of a signed copy still in play? Same address?

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Yes, the system still works fine even though Tracy's company is closed with everybody working from home. The virus adds about a week to the turnaround, so if there's a time constraint PM me and I;ll "interfere."

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Yes, info is the same as it was. If you'd like a sentiment directed to the recipient, just let Phyllis know and I'll do my best to write something personal. This applies to any of my books.

CW