• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Raw pump Q

morning star

Greetings to everyone. I am quite a distance from my 1980 38’ Ericsson with Universal 5432 engine. I hope I can “blindly” order the correct Oberdorfer raw water pump impeller. If you happen to know a source or part number to order, will you enlighten me please ?
I realize it is a bit foolhardy to order parts without the pump at hand, but I am a hardy at heart.
I thank everyone for this wonderful forum.
Sincerely,
Morning Star and her crew.

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
If you have a picture of the front of the engine, posting it might help. I can get you a part number from my recent impeller purchase after a trip to the boat this afternoon. My engine uses a -7 pump and needs a paper gasket for the cover.

morning star

If you have a picture of the front of the engine, posting it might help. I can get you a part number from my recent impeller purchase after a trip to the boat this afternoon. My engine uses a -7 pump and needs a paper gasket for the cover.
Belated Thank You foot rope, I have been away from the computer. I will grab a pic and the impeller measurements too. I was disappointed the most recent impeller spun its hub within 20 hours of installation. The drive-shaft turns but the impeller no longer.
Sincerely,

KS Dave

Dastardly Villain
Blogs Author
You might give StayCoolPumps a call - https://www.staycoolpumps.com/index.html

He helped me troubleshoot an issue I was having with my impeller and I bought two new impellers for my pump for $16/each. I can't speak for his blind knowledge of your pump, but it might be worth a try.

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
Belated Thank You foot rope, I have been away from the computer. I will grab a pic and the impeller measurements too. I was disappointed the most recent impeller spun its hub within 20 hours of installation. The drive-shaft turns but the impeller no longer.
Sincerely,
Wow. I recently had a brand new impeller do the same (failed after 20 minutes). I bought it from Catalina Direct. I ended up returning the failed unit and a spare I purchased. Sounds like maybe there is bad batch of these. I ended up using previously replaced impeller that was still in pretty good shape and had a different hub design from the failed unit.

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
I bought my last two from Defender.com.
Item #: 500540
Brand: Oberdorfer
Model #: 6593
My pump is a 202M-07

Fits Oberdorfer Pump model numbers 201M, 202M, 202M-3, 211M, and 214M. Liquids compatible with neoprene can be pumped including fresh and saltwater solutions and mild chemicals. Do not pump gasoline, sever solvents or acids. When possible flush pump/impeller with fresh water after useage

Features:

• 1/2" Shaft Diameter
  • 7/8" Width
  • Drive Type: D Hole ( Single Flat Drive )

Attachments

• 20210917_133446.jpg
    20210917_133446.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 2