• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Raw Water Tooth Chattering

Filkee

Sustaining Member
Pretty sure my engine will be 28% quieter and I will reduce my chances of sinking if I reinstall my raw water strainer. Both mounting screws have come loose as maybe seen here: 6B439F88-172B-40ED-AB68-AADDAA1583B2.jpeg

actually, probably not, but trust me, both mounting screws have come out and it’s rattling like crazy. So I’m thinking my order of operations is 1) close the sea cock; 2) disconnect the hose between strainer and impeller; 3) clean up and fill existing holes with epoxy; 4) disassemble strainer as much as is necessary to gain access to mounting screws; 5) put all this nonsense back together 6) open sea cock. So, what tragic mistake am I about to make? And here’s a better photo:C57F22D0-59D8-4686-8129-91C61F1E7DDB.jpeg

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Sounds good to me. And closing the seacock first is definitely a good idea.

I find a small ratchet/socket wrench works best on hose clamps located in awkward positions.

Filkee

Sustaining Member
Mission accomplished. Wound up not needing epoxy but did need more patience than planned. Getting the strainer housing back together led to some bleeding of the arm and choice words but my M-25 is now 28% quieter. I was so excited I went and did my first solo sail. Stayed 15 minutes ahead of the boat and enjoyed some Sonny Clark to make it feel like a genuine YouTube experience.