• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Raymarine C-80 Repair

Neil Gallagher

1984 E381
My Raymarine C-80 Multfuntion Display and Raystar RS125 GPS are generating recuring lost postion alarms about every 10 minutes. The system loses its satalite reception and then after about 5 mintues comes back with a HDOP value of 1.0. Then a few miuntes later generates a lost positon alarm. I've have replced the battery in the receiver then replaced the receiver with a used one. Same issue. Tried to do a firmware update on the C-80 but the system will not read the128Mb CF Flash card for doing a backup or loading latest firmware update. Now the system does not read the chart card. It going from bad to worse. I looking for a reputiable Raymarine repair center that has board level capabilities. Are there any recommendations out there?

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
I have talked with the Raymarine technical staff several times to resolve issues with their equipment, and they have been very helpful each time. Once I had to send my speed / knotmetre to the factory for repair, and they did so at a very reasonable cost, much less than buying a new one.
I would phone the main customer service and ask to talk with technical staff.
Frank

debonAir

Member III
C80s are getting a bit old. You can get a workng one used for $300 which (I imagine) is less than it would cost to have one fixed. There has been so much advancement since the C80 era though you might consider swapping in a newer unit. WiFi, touch screens, remote apps from your phone / iPad, etc. for not too much more than a used C80. Every time I use a last-generation chart plotter it feels almost like pulling out a sextant and looking for a star chart