• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Rebuildable Palmer P-60 pulled from E27

wynkoop

Member III
I am in the middle of a total refit of Silver Maiden, my 1974 E27 that I have had since about 1984. As part of that refit I pulled the P-60 with the intention of sending it to a fellow in California that rebuilds them, but I stumbled upon a NEW Yanmar 1GM10 for less than the cost of the P-60 rebuild, so now I am in the last stages of installing the Yanmar and the Palmer is surplus to my needs.

The P-60 last ran 2 years ago. At that time it had some roughness to the running, but new plugs and a tune up got it going. Spring of 2019 it did not want restart. Plugs were fine, spark good, and static timing per the book. Did find I had carb trouble, and pulled the carb and sent it to for rebuild. Installed rebuilt carb on the engine and still no joy. The fellow at Bay City Yachts suggested it sounded like stuck valves, so I pulled it to ship to him, having no space to work on it in the e27 engine compartment, and not having space in my little NYC apartment to work on it either.

As I said, before shipping, I found a yanmar with the same RPM range out of the transmission which is now mounted and plumbed in Silver Maiden awaiting connection of the transmission control cable and fuel line.

I would like to see the P-60 engine go to a good home. My marina in Brooklyn, NY just sent everyone eviction notices for April 1 as they intend to shift over to being a commercial ship pier with an Amazon warehouse on the pier, so this engine needs a new home. It is complete less the alternator, which I kept as a spare. It has the rebuilt carb mounted. It is on a pallet at the marina. It needs to be screwed or strapped to the pallet for moving. It has been under a good tarp since last summer.

Just the parts make this valuable for someone, but I would like to get at least $200 as that is what the carb rebuild cost. It is complete with transmission and weighs in
the order of 400 lbs. The marina has the ability to lift it into your truck or trailer.

If you want it reach out to me with a reasonable offer quickly! If it does not go I may load it onto a trailer and take it to my parents home with hopes of getting it going again and selling it as a working engine.