• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Relocating traveler from cockpit

Capt Jeff

Member I
Hey all,
I have a question as to how difficult it would be to move my traveler out of the cockpit to over the companionway hatch. As a few of you know already that my boom is already cut down and the helm relocated forward to just in front of the companionway for singlehanded racing and cruising by a previous owner. Since we don't race her and hardly ever go out alone we have found that the traveler is in the way of the hatch entry. I saw a few pics online of other Ericsons with the traveler over the top of the hatch and was wondering where I could get a set up like it and if it's even worth the trouble. Any comments are welcome on pros and cons and even opinions.

Thanks in advance! Oh, here is a pic of one I found online somewhere. The helm pic is of my boat now.

Jeff

Attachments

• 1192961_12.jpg
    1192961_12.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 101
  • helm.jpg.jpg
    helm.jpg.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 82

windydays

Relocating traveler

Jeff and Lea
We moved the traveler from the cockpit, just aft of the companionway to the coach top just forward of the companionway hatch opening on our E30-2. We used 'Standard universal riser' from garhauermarine.com and our original traveler track and car. The move was simple but we had to reconfigure the mainsheet system. The attached photo will give you something to think about.
good luck
Bob H

Attachments

• austinonwatchlg.jpg
    austinonwatchlg.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 192

jthistle

Member II
Traveller setup

Here is the setup that came with my boat. Some oversized stainless tubing setup as an arch. P.O. had it installed. No problems with it takes up a bit o'space.

Cheers
Jason
1972 e35-2 #268

Attachments

• PIC_0004.jpg
    PIC_0004.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 191

Glyn Judson

Traveler and risers.

Jeff, I'm about 101% sure that the photo of the one you found is all Harken. So in no time you now have several choices to pick from. Good luck, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA

Capt Jeff

Member I
Thanks Guy's!

Wow,
Thanks for all the help! I do believe we can move it without too much trouble and at a decent cost. I think I'll get out my chainsaw and sledge hammer and start the mods this weekend. :)

Thanks again!:egrin:

Jeff