Removal of Glued-Down Cabin Sole [Master Thread]

windblown

Member III
Another step in the process of replacing the T&H sole. All patterns are cut with templates A, B, C re-trimmed in places after I took them back to the boat to check their fit. D & E were cut using acetate tracings of the old T&H which still need to be checked for fit, but not before their corresponding old sole sections are pulled up. Eventually all of them will serve as a temporary sole until it's time to cut out the new T&H pieces. Strange to see them laid out on my garage floor like this.

View attachment 42894
By any chance, do have a picture of what the tafg looks like under your template section "E"?
 

Bolo

Sustaining Member
By any chance, do have a picture of what the tafg looks like under your template section "E"?
Interesting that you choose that particular section (E) because it’s the only one that needs the slightest bit of timing done to it which will be no big deal since I need to take it up to trim it. I don’t have photos of the TAFG in that section but I can show you a photo of the template/temporary sole that I marked up to show where the wood panels covering the voids in the TAFG are located. I did this so I could choose the best location for the screws since I wanted to fasten into the TAFG as much as possible and not the wooden panels.

Here you can see where I located the position and size of the panel marked “wood” with all other areas being part of the TAFG which is where I drill holes for the screws.


CEBEC299-866A-4AAE-99FD-B176621FABB9.jpeg

And here is that section in place.
A286F332-C0F1-4393-A3EA-05B89D9BD97C.jpeg
 
Top