• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Removing holding tank on 1985 E38

EricFox

Member II
It looks (smells?) like I need to replace the hoses on my holding tank. However 2 of the 3 hoses connect to the bottom of the tank and are inaccessible without removing the tank or cutting through the bulkhead. Note that this is a 1985 so the head is forward and the tank is under the port settee just aft of the bulkhead that is just ahead of the mast. There is very little space between the tank and the woodwork that surrounds it, and nothing that I can find to grab on to to lift. For those who have done this previously, how did you lift the tank out from the settee? Also, I'm assuming that I will need to cut the hoses upstream of the tank in order to remove the tank.

Thanks,
Eric

EricFox

Member II
I managed to get it out. I was able to push down on the one side of the tank enough to lift the opposite side enough that I was able to loop a strap under the tank to around the mid point. Then I attached that to a another strap on a ratchet that I slung over the hand rail directly above on the cabin roof. Then I was able to ratchet the whole tank up the ~10 inches that I needed to get enough of a hold on it to wrestle it out. I brought the tank home to clean and will get new hose tomorrow to re-install.