• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Renovation Work on Ragamuffin

ragamuffin

Member II
I am finally getting around to posting the work I did this spring before launch.

Sanded and painted topside decks, sanded and painted mast new mast plate new winch rope clutch and deck sheave organizer to run lines aft. New radios new anchor light new solar panel... the list goes on over 60 hours of work total. :egrin:

Here is a link with lots of photos before and after.

http://www.siska.net/ragamuffin

if you are in Monroe harbor in Chicago stop by. I am amazed at how many Ericson's are in this harbor Just in my area there are 5 within 2 mooring rows my neighbor has a 29 you will see her in the pics. Also note the Ericson sticker and Flag I am flying

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
Ragamuffin,

Wow! You have done a great job on your boat! She is a "ragamuffin" in name and by use of sails only. :egrin: What paint did you use to paint your mast? Was it sprayed or roller? Did you paint it yourself? At the masthead, it looks like you added a plate with a bale for the spinnaker/asymetric halyard block. Is that right?

ragamuffin

Member II
Thanks! I did all the work. I brushed the mast with a 4" foam brush very quickly, applied 3 coats over a 4 day period. I used Epifhanes one part yacht enamel. color is chocolate. Yes that is a Spinnaker/Gennecker crane PO added that it works well except I have to keep the Halyard tied to the bow rail when not in use. I had it running back to the cockpit but when I would furl the head sail it was getting wrapped with the head sail and caused a bit of a problem. So when I fly the gennecker I just run the halyard aft after the headsail is furled.