• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Replacement bow pulpit and stanchion for a 1979 Ericson 35 mark II

mwelter

Capt. Mark
I just recently wrecked my bow pulpit and a stanchion on my 1979 Ericson mark II by making a near-fatal error thinking that I could tie up to my new Mooring ball using my dock lines temporarily until I could purchase the proper gear. Unfortunately we had a storm come through with 50 knot winds which broke my dock lines.
Any help locating a new bow pulpit and front stanchion would be greatly appreciated.
A very humble Captain Mark

mwelter

Capt. Mark
Thank you for that information, I will try contacting them.
Anyone else have any thoughts?
I just called railmakers and Dave from railmakers confirm that they were the original ome for Erikson and they still have the drawings. They do not have the bow pulpit but are willing to make one. Any other thoughts where I could get one already made?

Baslin

Member III
I just bought a used one for my E38. Its not an exact fit so I'm having to drill new mounting holes for the one I got used. I got a price from railmakers and it was $1500...I bought the used one for $250

Baslin

Member III
The pulpit I found had the stanchion bases welded on. There were no slip joints. I have my 4 old stanchion bases still.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Plan B: It might be best to have a new pulpit fabricated that fits properly, pay the deductible, and let your insurer take care of the $$.

garryh

Member III
no idea about sourcing, but one recommendation while you are at it, is to have a new one fabricated (or look for a used one) with wider 'front legs' (ie. farther back) to actually allow room to mount a solid bow roller. Pretty well impossible with the original footprint.