• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Replacement for telescoping table pedestal?

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
Anyone know of a good or relatively drop in replacement for the 32-3 table pedestal? Mine wobbles due to breakage, and the Garelick one I tried collapses half an inch too high to let the table rest well on the wooden berth supports. Looks like it needs to collapse to about 13.5-14".

Geoff W.

Blogs Author
Unfortunately finding one that compresses lower than 14.5", fits the required footprint, and doesn't cost $800+ is something of a challenge :( Or at least, I have not found one yet through my usual searches.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Exactly! That was the 32-3. Perhaps a too-long tube could be sawn off, although I think my (original, adjustable) tube could extend down into the TAFG.

Thelonious new table base.JPG...Thelonious new table base corrosion.JPG...thelonious saloon table A.JPG

The 381 has a different style tube and base, without the telescoping feature. Apparently the idea was that when the table was lowered the tube would penetrate into the TAFG. Or the tube could be removed. Since I cut the table acreage down, I can't do the double-berth conversion anyhow.

IMG_0294.JPG...set 2--table.JPG

Geoff W.

Blogs Author
Excellent, thanks. Mine also extends down into the TAFG -- the Garelick manual table posts unfortunately can't be cut, as the table-mount side and the top of the post are what contact too quickly, though maybe if the post comes out of the base, I could cut it that way.

I wasn't aware the post could come out of the table base - maybe I can just find a replacement post, since that's all that's broken anyways.