• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ron Holland at large

goldenstate

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
I recently found in the e-books collection at my local library Blue Water, Green Skipper by Stuart Woods, an author who has churned out over 75 novels in his airplane-book career. The book I was read was a non-fiction account of Woods's learning to sail in Ireland and then participating in an OSTAR single-handed race from England to Barbados. Woods raced in a boat designed by a then-young kiwi nautical architect named Ron Holland. Some glimpses of the boat designer as a young man.

After a bit of googling I learned that Holland has continued with his successful career, including of late the design of absurdly large and expensive yachts.

Here is a talk he gave at the St. Francis Yacht Club in San Francisco.

Lots more here:

K2MSmith

Sustaining Member
I’ve heard from a reliable source he is in the Bay Area now and then . Since I’m convinced there are only 5-6 33RH’s left , I was going to try to “groupie” my way into meeting him somehow :)

goldenstate

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
I’ve heard from a reliable source he is in the Bay Area now and then . Since I’m convinced there are only 5-6 33RH’s left , I was going to try to “groupie” my way into meeting him somehow :)
Flattery will get you many places...