• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ron Holland Talk at SYC

K2MSmith

Sustaining Member
Got to meet Ron Holland virtually at talk he did for the Sausalito Yacht Club tonight. I am not a member of the SYC but their presentations are open to the public. His talk covered aspects of his racing and superyacht design career with plenty of room for questions (and I asked a few and made sure I included a plug for the Ericson 33RH which he responded with approval).

I believe they said the talk will be published on youtube and I'll follow up with a link if anyone is interested when it comes out. I grabbed a screenshot of the title slide with Ron on the left with part of the audience.. I somehow managed to get in the little window below Ron. I'm not sure if that is just on my interface or if the fact that I'm a groupie and showed up 20 minutes early :)

ron holland.JPG

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
Very cool, Kevin! What questions did you ask him about our boats, or do I have do wait for the video?

K2MSmith

Sustaining Member
There were a lot of people in attendance so I didn’t want to ask a question that was too off topic . I asked him about what some of the limitations were with computer aided design technology- since his studio was an early adopter. Then I just casually mentioned that I was an Ericson 33 owner, which he acknowledged. There were also a few owners of Swan 411’s in attendance that asked questions and did the same thing as I did . He was quite an interesting speaker .