• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Rub Rail

Brent Wright

Please Contact Admin.
I was wondering if anyone out there knows where to get the aluminum rub rail on the 1967 E26? Pacific Seacraft offers an aluminum rub rail but they don't know if it will fit on a boat of that age. Also would anyone know of any documentation on how to replace the rub rail and the seal properly?

Brisdon

Inactive Member
I got a replacement rub rail from Pacific Seacraft for my 35-2. It was exactly right for the boat. The new end caps for the rail are out of white gel coated fiberglass rather than the original aluminum, but what the hey. I'd check a cross section of the material that Pacific Seacraft is offering for your boat against a cross section of what you have to see if it matches before buying the stuff. The rail is screwed through the wooden blocking between the deck and hull assemblies and then the rubber insert is tapped in with a mallet to finish it off. Once you've removed the old and exposed that little strip of wood between the hull and deck, it's not a bad idea to dig it out and replace it with epoxy fairing for a better hull-deck joint.