• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Rudder Tube Repair

Joe Benedict

Member II
I own an E29, Hull 560. I have had a mystereous leak which, after having a number of people in the boat, I finally located. As near as I can figure the rudder tube is cracked somewhere just above the waterline and just below the berth platform. I can see water coming down the tube where it meets the hull but the battery box is in the way for me to get a good look under the berth at the source which is higher up the tube. The aft locker is dry and the tube is forward of the bulkhead. The reason it was a mystery is it required several people in the boat or at least a 2 foot sea for it to leak. According to the prints of the boat this is supposed to be a solid tube from hull to the cockpit (wheel.) Several posting are on this site about repairing the rudder post but none on an E29 that I have found. Has anyone repaired this area? It appears a saber saw is necessary to cut the berth platform away which means it will be a winter project.