• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Sad Sight

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Ouch!
Deep slip there. Much of the summer in our marina a boat drafting six feet would only sink about 3 feet.... :(

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Yeah.... not to get too persnickety, but I kinda doubt that's a 34. At first glance it seems to be a single-spreader rig, and I don't recall too many 80s masts that were bare (anodized) aluminum. Maybe a smaller boat? Not that that makes it suck any less....

Teranodon

Member III
Alas, based on a simple Google search, this appears to be a 1977 Ericson 34T. There is even info about the owner, but I don't feel like posting it. It's just sad.

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Maybe, but ... maybe not. (I did that google search too)

The 1977 E34 had a double-spreader rig, and IIRC the spars came from the factory in "any color you want, as long as it is black". (I think you could get white as an option on the 34T).

I wonder if it might turn out to be another boat in OutaTime's slip?

...not that it matters. It's a sad sight no matter what it is.

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
I am not sure about the boat model either? But that was my marina in Antioch since 2003 and am pretty sure it was one of many derelict boats by the gas dock. The story around the marina is that there was a guy named Jack who bought three derelicts, thought he could flip them for a profit. Got is some altercation and left them derelict again but in different slips. I think most if not all derelict boats have a sad story.

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
I went to lunch near the marina yesterday. They posted the boat type wrong. Unlikely it is a 34' or an Ericson. I have no idea what type of boat it was but it is in a 30 ft slip next to a derelict Capri 25. Standing rigging is a very small diameter. Looks like an effort was made to raise her but it failed. The water is brown from all of the rain run off.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 20