• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Sail tracks

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
Can anyone recommend a source for replacement sail tracks? I need a long stainless steel track for the jib and a traveller track which will need to be fabricated to match the curve.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972

Gareth, Attached a drawing showing how to find the radius.
1) determine the length of track
2) make a cardboard jig of your actual boat curve....be accurate
3) lay the jig on a flat surface, measure the height (most likely not very much)
4) there is a math way to determine if it's a radius (too long since math ...for me). draw lines maybe 2 inches apart also an equal up.
5) if all the same.....it's a radius, if not I am sure the overall rise will NOT be much off the deck and find a "close enough" curve.

Harken or whom ever will need the length and height of rise.

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
That is a great explanation and it makes perfect sense, but I am thinking that measuring from the hinge of the boom to the loop for the mainsheet and then calculating the dimensions would be easier. The old track was flexible so went straight as soon as I pulled it off the deck.

It looks like I am going to have to task a machine shop with the jib track, and I am not relishing that task since getting anything done these days seems nigh on impossible, and shipping a 17'4" track to the boat will be quite a challenge, although luckily I still have the port track to copy..

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972