• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

sail warehouse

BrianP

Member II
sails

Don,
I have a 1972 e-27 #150 thinking of going with sail warehouse, price for new 130 genny is $827.00 with sunbrella & numbers. Main with 2 reefs loose foot with foot shelf, insignia, & numbers for $850.00. Just wanted input seeing we have the same boat what sail plan do you have?

bigtyme805

Member III
I am totally happy with them. I just bought a new full batten main a couple of months ago. I have had their 150 with white cover and padding for reefing for 1 1/2 years. Good prices and quality. You will be very happy and only takes 2 days to get. I am going to buy a 135 for the winter in a couple of weeks.

BrianP

Member II
sails

Thanks Don good to hear I will be placing an order after christmas. The sails I have now are not bad but not new. I think on your bimini, saw the pics (nice) could you put in telescopic poles on the main ones to the deck? Did this on a friends power boat just for a head room issue though.

Lew Decker

Member III
I've never bought anything from Sail Warehouse but I know the owner through various sailing BB's. He is a good guy and knows his stuff. He also has a big, beautiful cat he sails in Monterey Bay:) . You will be happy with what you buy from him, and I know he will stand behind his product.

rgoff

Member III
I bought a new main for my '73 E27 from them a couple of years back.

I'm no sail expert, but it looks good and some people around the dock were impressed with the construction. It was great to have it delivered from stock. I put my own insignia and numbers on from material I bought through Sail Rite.

The only gripe I have is that it "puckers" at the corner of the mast and boom. Never have been able to get rid of it. I never talked to them about it. Probably has little effect on efficiency, but still kind of bugs me when I look at it. :)

I'd give them a "thumbs up".

bigtyme805

Member III
Hey Brian on the bimini I am happy with it wouldn't change anything but the height of it. Meaning a little shorter so its under the boom. I am going to consult with my canvas maker and see if he can do anything.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Regarding the fit problems that Ralph found with his new sail, the measurement chart from the loft should have had drawings of the tack and clew areas with precise measurements filled in by the field person, whether that was the owner or the sail maker.

There is some relevant discussion in an earlier thread:
http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?t=1806&referrerid=28

When I ordered a new sail, I also sent in photos to go with the measurements I took for the new UK main. In turn, the main fit perfectly.

Doing my own measurements did make me nervous, but it also made me really look at all the parts and areas of fit... and the measurements were checked a lot more than twice...
;)

Loren in PDX

rssailor

You get what you pay for from the sail warehouse. I bought a sail (jib) advertised on their web site a few years ago. It has very small reinforcements in all corners and required a leech line modification not long after purchase. If your going to get sails from them, I would buy the offshore or costal level sails. Mine is an OEM level sail and not that good. Also these sails are from some offshore loft that makes em cheap. Not made in the USA. Ryan