• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Salt Water Pump in Galley Sink

JohnWyss

The salt water pump in my Ericson 38 galley sink is broken. Does anyone have a recommendation regarding where I can find a replacement?

fool

Member III
Whale Gusher Galley MK III foot pump? Just about anywhere, even Amazon has them.

If you're the tiniest bit interested in playing with gaskets and springs you can also get rebuild kits.

What constitutes broken?

Mort Fligelman

Member III
Forget the rebuild kit. I could not get it to stop leaking......called the factory...talked to the right guyand was told"they never work...don't know why they keep selling them".....Do what I did. BUY A NEW ONE!

JohnWyss

Do you mean the actual foot pump unit or the spout?
Forget the rebuild kit. I could not get it to stop leaking......called the factory...talked to the right guyand was told"they never work...don't know why they keep selling them".....Do what I did. BUY A NEW ONE!
Thank you all very much! It definitely sound like the right thing to do is to by a new one. I appreciate your input.

1911tex

Sustaining Member
I don't understand..your pump like mine is only 32 years old...should have plenty of life left!

fool

Member III
Must have got and installed the wrong rebuild kit...it works like a charm. Did have to reassemble the whole thing twice as I got it backwards the first time 'round. Somehow I'm frequently reminded that anything worth doing well is worth doing twice! Somehow I'm frequently reminded that anything worth doing well is worth doing twice!