Searches in EY.o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
I am currently in the process of updating this database, and will be updating this thread, however I wanted to provide some immediate info for those of you who have been having trouble searching for specific Ericson model numbers.

Look at the responses to this thread for specifics. Once I get enough info, I will be place some FAQ info on the new version of the site.

//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Searching Model Numbers & Numerics

It turns out that vBulletin (the software which makes up the Information Exchange) does not index numerals. This creates an issue for such things as model numbers, etc.

To search for specific Ericson model numbers, or other types of numerics, please place an asterisk (*) after the number you're searching for. Examples:

E35*
E35-MKIII*
E25*
E38*
MX25*

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
New Searching Feature: Tags and Tag Clouds

You guys have been after me about searches....well, read on:

With this most recent upgrade of vBulletin, comes the ability to specify 'tags' to threads. Tags are nothing more than specific words that have to do with the thread, to enable searches later to pick it up in a graphic format.

Imagine, for instance, that you are in a thread about plumbing - and the discussion touches on an electrical panel which goes good with plumbing (yeah, I know, I know....just listen...) - so you add a tag to that thread for the name of the product, or something specific.

Later on, let's say in other threads, the same tag has been added 10 more times - so it's more popular - in the new search mode of a 'tag cloud' that term will indicate how often it appears by the size of it's text - enabling much more accurate searches..

Check out the attached, and see this (much better) description of tag clouds:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_cloud

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.