• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Site Construction to Start Again...

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Don't freak out if you see some changes to forums in the next couple of weeks - spring quarter is almost over (finals week next week) and I'll have a bit (just a bit) of free time to try and get the new version of the site up closer to going live...

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
gallery

Sean,

It would be nice to have an owners photo gallery. I find myself browsing the "For Sale and Wanted" Ericson Listings (boats.com and YachtWorld) for ideas and modifications to my Ericson. It's great to look at what others have done to improve their deck hardware, rigging, and interiors.

Shadowfax

Member III
Have you checked out the Owner's & Projects heading at the top of the page? i think that might be what you are looking for.

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Yeah, and there's the projects section also, which will be expanded on the new site. We'll be expanding the number of images (and documents) in a massive way on the new site - I'm working on it right now:

www.ericsonyachts.org/home.php3

//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Message Banners

Ok - so I'm going to have to work on the Information Exchange while you guys are using it.... For those of you who are logged in, this won't present a problem - it will only get a little goofy for those of you who are lurking out there as 'guests'...

Basically, I'm reconfiguring the system to tighten things down some - to reduce the spam and increase security. People will need to start logging in more to view the forums without headers that ask them to login, etc... We may even begin to require people to create an account and login after so many visits...

Anyhow, first things first - I need to get this software installed... Please email me if any of you experience any on-going problems...

Thanks,
//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Ok - I've enabled the new hacks - so visitors who are not registered, and are here as guests will be, um, 'encouraged' to create an account and login. Basically, after 25 views of threads, they get a nice "please create an account" and after 50, they get locked out until they create an account...

Those of you who are logged in on your accounts will notice nothing...

Please let me know if anyone experiences any difficulties at all (I'll be watching closely....).

Thanks,
//sse