• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Slander, personal offense

goldenstate

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
1593050205858.png
I wanted to point out the injustice of CNN putting, what an E35-2(?) in front of Alcatraz above the fold on a story about how some states were setting records for new covid infections. I would argue the boaters are being perfectly responsible, except for the lack of sails.

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
In my city it's common for almost any story to have a 'stock photo' attached. Sometimes you see the same photo again and again. (like the pic of a police car with a flashing light on.... )

K2MSmith

Sustaining Member
Poor choice of an example. I recently picked up food at a busy takeout restaurant and even with a good mask and ill-fated attempt at social distancing, I think I was at many times more risk of covid transmission picking up the damn food than I have been at the marina on the boat.

goldenstate

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
For the avoidance of doubt, my 'indignation' about the photo is all tongue-in-cheek.

Except for the part about not using sails. That genuinely disappoints me.

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
They shoulda used a photo like this, with 3 people on a PWC and at least 4 in the power boat:
59611b1d99c0f.image.jpg

Saverio

Member III
Buongiorno tutti voi, in Italia la vela molto sicura, detto il Governo. Hello all of you, sailing in Italy is very safe, said the Government.