• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

SnapFurl Question

Calendrû

Member I
I want to equip my 1969 E26 with roller furling for the foresail. Bouncing around the foredeck has become less exciting and more scary as time goes by. My forestay is 32.49 feet and the two SnapFurl products are 31 feet and 38 feet. My guess is that I get the 31 footer and it is adjusted longer rather than the 38 footer cut down. I couldn't get an answer from the manufacturer - too dumb a question?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Hi,

I don't know how you would adjust it longer. My guess is that the aluminum foils come in certain lengths. You would need to order the 38 foot length and cut one of the foils down alot, or maybe better to cut a few of the foils down a little bit each so you don't end up with a really short one at the end. I would think the factory/sales rep would be able to confirm this and give advice on the best approach. If not, I would be inclined to consider a different brand with better customer service.

Others may also have more helpful advice. There are some really good riggers who check this site from time to time.

Frank

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Calendru,

Is the actual foil length 31'? If so you might be close to the correct dimensions. The drum and top swivel take up some room. I installed one on an E 23 and it worked great. The E23 needed to be tabernacled so the plastic foil was important.