• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Swimming Hole

NGB

Member II
I am looking for a spot in or near San Diego Bay where I can drop an anchor without getting in anyone's way and let a couple of teenage boys from the Midwest go swimming. It will be worth big time bragging rights for them back in Missouri. Any suggestions?

HGSail

Member III
In the past the would let you anchor in the back of Mission Bay. (By Feista Island) I'm not sure if they still do or not.

Pat
E29
'73
Holy Guacamole

Last edited:

wanderer

Member II
if you're wanting to stay up north bay area, i think you can anchor up north of america's cup without too much trouble. stay clear of north island though

if you're wanting to venture down past the bridge, as long as you're out of the channnel, you should be fine and the water is shallow enough

Lew Decker

Member III
Go into Mission Bay and turn left at the first opportunity. There is a very nice anchorage just inside the point where you can swim, dive, flop around on the sand, whatever. I'm a 5-minute put-put from there and have spent a few nights on the hook. Spinnaker flying is good there in the afternoons. You can stay in the cove 72 hours, I think, without causing apoplexy in the harbor patrol ranks.:egrin:

Don Taugher

Member II
Mariner's Cove in Mission Bay is a great spot to drop the anchor, swim and whatever. Easy to dingy to shore and weather is mild. Spent a great night there in September, have fun.

Don Taugher
Running Free 38-200
Long Beach