• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

thru-hull for water to engine

marcusn

Member II
I'm thrilled to say that today I was able to reach and remove the old thru hull to remove the original (I think) gate valve! Quite a tight fit behind the sink on my E27.

Now, I need to replace it all.

the outside of the thru hull had a small grate over it (had to destroy it), I presume to keep debrie from entering the engine. I'm not sure where to find a replacement for this (on the web).

Any help out there?

Thanks,

Marcus
1975 E27
Winthrop Harbor, IL

Glyn Judson

Replacement through hull fitting with stariner.

Marcus, You might find what you want at Spartan Marine, specifically http://www.spartanmarine.com/source/28.htm. You don't indicate it in your previous posts but seriously consider replaceing the old valve(s) with porper seacocks, ones with a flange and bolt holes. Note: You don't have to through bolt the seacocks to the outside of the hull, lag screwing into a 3/4" or 1" epoxy saturated plywood pad will suffice. Good luck, Glyn Judson E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA

Glyn Judson

Through hull fitting installation, two methods.

Marcus, Here's a link to the Groco site showing the two acceptable methods of bolting a seacock in place. http://www.groco.net/SVC-MAN-07/Sec4/BROWSER/tb-1-wv.htm Note in Figure 1 the through bolt method on the left of the assembly as well as the lag screw method into the pad only to the right of it. It's my practice to only screw into the pads. Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA.

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Thru Hull's

Marcus- It should be on the shelf, right up the street in Winthrop Harbor or Racine at West Marine. Rob Hessenius