• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

transducer location - e 27

outahere

Member II
I'm going to install a depth sounder on my e 27 and was wondering if anyone had ever installed the transducer in the hollow area aft of the keel? pro's? cons?

Dave Hussey

Member III
I have an E27, so I guess you are talking about the bildge?...If so, I dont think there would be any serious reason not to, but I think there are better places, for instance, mine is installed in the starboard seat aproximately amidships, and shoots through the hull, thus eliminating any new holes in the hull, and it is accessable. I guess the things I would be concerned with installing the transducer in the bildge are: interferance with the bilge pump; slimy deposits on the transducer over time; volume of sump slightly dimminished; Plus, I dont know what the advantage would be. Have you given thought to how you would install it? The sump does get pretty narrow at the bottom (I've had to retrieve my favorite pliers from the depths of it)

Lawrence B. Lee

Member III
Transducer Mounting

I know it's not a 27 but...

I had an E-25+ once and mounted a new transducer in FRONT of the keel. The PO had put it starboard side just past the keel. I know the glass is thick up front but there is a flat space and you can get to it inside between a forward bulkhead and the holding tank. Crusty, :mad:my yard manager, said he had never ever seen one mounted so far forward. Shakey,:confused: the guy who actually put it in said 5200 didn't care where we put it. So it was forward enough that I felt I knew I was running aground instead of it telling me that I had already run aground when it was behind the keel.

Larry Lee
Savannah, GA
Annabel Lee E32-200

outahere

Member II
Thanks to all for the advice. Now that I think about it, it would be pretty tough to install it in the bilge.

Glenn