• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Transom Dimensions

Don Calcote

I've just bought an Ericson 29 and am ordering the new name lettering. The boat's about 150 miles away from me and I won't see it until the weekend. Does anyone know what the width of the transom is? And yes, I do plan on an elaborate de-naming and naming ceremony, too! Don't want any of the gods upset with me!

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
Welcome to the clan.

I would be inclined to wait until you are at the boat to determine what you want to do with the name. It would not be a good idea to have a stern ladder foot or an exhaust thru hull in the middle of a letter.

FWIW, you can get a better price from a local sign maker (truck lettering,etc) than from a marine supplier.

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
Congrats on the new boat. You will love her.

I am attaching a transom shot of my E29, the width is 74” and the height is 33.5”. If you don’’ have a ladder to contend with you should be able to order from this. I would consider planning on a ladder, I can’t get back onboard from the water with a rope over the side.

I considered considered a name change for Rumkin but just took the easy way and kept it. I now find Rumkin to mean a short glass or a “drinking vessel” so I keep the bar stocked well.

Attachments

• transom.jpg
    transom.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 71

Don Calcote

Thanks for the info and the advice. I'm going over to the boat this weekend BEFORE it's moved to my home-lake and take a measurement. It does have a ladder and I'm not sure where it rests on the transom. Better to make sure before I order the vinyl.....

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
Just to be safe, it's a good idea to get a full size paper proof sheet to test the idea. You can tape it on and test the visibility from a distance.

I am always amazed at how many boat names are unreadable from more than a few feet away. I guess that's OK if you just want to recognize your own boat, but others are rarely as close as you are. :)

Congrats!!!

Don, congrats on your new boat!!! I hope you have many years of enjoyment out of her.

Keep in touch with this board. These guys are a huge database of knowledge and experience!!

Bart and Cheri
former owners of The Blue Heeler