• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Traveler / Fiddle Block, E34

Shadowfax

Member III
The stock traveler on my E34 is a Schaefer affair that included a Schaefer fiddle block with becket for the lower end of the main sheet system. As the blocks on the boom are all Lewmar Ocean 2 series, I always thought that the Schaefer fiddle block was a bit undersized compared to the Ocean 2's.

I decided that it was time to up grade and step up a notch or two for a fiddle block. Wow! What they want for fiddle blocks. A couple of hundred bucks from Lewmar and the others not much better

A year or so ago, I bought a Garhauer outboard motor davit/crane and was very impressed with the quality and the Garhauer people themselves, as I bought the davit/crane at a boat show and the Garhauer family was manning the booth. A true family operation

I checked out Garhauer fiddle blocks, the 40 series, and it was like $50!!! Ordered one up; it came today and IT IS VERY NICE. I suggest that anyone in the same situation check them out.

I have nothing to do with this company. I'm just a very pleased customer