• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

traveler

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Does anyone have an effective traveler on an end-of-boom sheeted E27? I would like to use the existing track which is very low profile. Any photos of working end-of-boom travelers would be appreciated.
Thanks

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
low budget

I should be able to get pictures in the next couple of days from my 29 end boom. This is low bucks and works fairly well. I will give details with the pictures.

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Thanks Randy. Is your traveler track the low track that is maybe 1/4" - 3/8" off of the bridge deck? My concern is that there is not much room for the car to have bearings to ride on.

This is the track that is on "Lotus Flower" now.

Attachments

• croppedtraveler.jpg
    croppedtraveler.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 96

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
That looks like the E 29 setup that track is curved and on the bridge. Very low T track no room for a car with bearings. I hope to get the boat moved back to my shop tonight where I have a ladder to board her. I will also get part numbers for the items I bought, the rest came off my daughters Hobie 14 Jib tackle.

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
I promised more on the poor mans traveler. This works well on my E 29 T, if sheeted hard it takes some effort. The attachments give part detail.

Attachments

• DCP01072.JPG
    DCP01072.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 89
  • DCP01073.JPG
    DCP01073.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 92
  • DCP01075.JPG
    DCP01075.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 91
  • DCP01074.JPG
    DCP01074.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 112

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Thanks Randy. Did you put a backing plate or large washer under the fiddle block riser bolt?

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
Just a washer. The deck is over an inch thick and the track is bolted every few inches, the load is liniar to the track and does not pull up on the track. If you have the car at the end of the track and sheet hard that is much higher load than the travler tackle so I thought the stock bolting was good but used a washer for overkill.

The cost of the WM items was about $40. and the bolts, shackles and spacers was around $10. My daughters Hobie cat donated the blocks.

$ for $ I am pleased with the performance.