• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Used but not useless Barient 23 self-tailing winches

Josh Dvorson

Greetings from San Francisco Bay -- I recently replaced two Barient 23 self-tailing winches. Totally operable, but a little stiff, and when taken apart for lubrication, servicer saw slight wear on a couple teeth and convinced me to replace. Not certain of age, but likely original to 1976 Ericson 27, serviced steadily. Wear on teeth requires extreme zoom in. Willing to consider any offer. Currently disassembled for inspection.

- Josh / Homeslice

Josh Dvorson

Eight pictures attached

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 9

Dave G.

1984 E30+ Ludington, MI
Thank you Josh, can you define/elaborate on "but a little stiff" ? What are you thinking for $$ ?

Josh Dvorson

When taken off the boat, they were 100 operable, in fact we raced successfully with them right before removal, but extra arm effort to crank one of them and the fact that they were due for lubrication (I do every few years -- last in 2020) prompted removal.

$400.00 (total for both) + shipping seam fair?

Dave G.

1984 E30+ Ludington, MI
I think I would be taking a "leap of faith" as you noted wear on teeth and they are not assembled "complete in bags. Honestly I really only need 1 at this point. Would you take $250 ?

Josh Dvorson

I think I would be taking a "leap of faith" as you noted wear on teeth and they are not assembled "complete in bags. Honestly I really only need 1 at this point. Would you take $250 ?
I'm sure we can come together in the spirit of Ericson love and devotion. Hopefully we can ship for a reasonable rate -- all in, it's a pretty heavy box -- Michigan?

Josh Dvorson

Greetings Tom-- I'm in an exchange with Dave but no sale has been finalized. Just boxing up to determine shipping fee as they are slightly too big to go in largest USPS box.