• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wanted: Bay Area Olson 911 or Olson 34

thadwoz

Member I
Hello, I am in the market for a well maintained Olson 911 (Pacific or Ericson) or Olson 34, with a strong preference for something in the Bay Area or nearby (e.g. Monterey Bay). Please let me know if you are aware of any such vessel that is or may be coming available. Thanks!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
If you can source a trailer... there is a clean-appearing O-911 on CL in Olympia WA.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Hi Grant, sent it.
Anyone wanting to communicate with the seller should hurry and establish a private email channel, as these CL listings can go away suddenly.
As for transport, best have a friend with big pickup truck and then source a trailer... or do what we did and hire a professional company to move the boat. That's how we got our O-34 up here from Alameda. :)
Or just sail it down.... from the South Sound to SF, maybe 9 days with stop offs here n there.
Ad is still up today. https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/boa/d/olympia-olson-911-se/7242195894.html

thadwoz

Member I
Bumping this in case anyone is aware of an Olson 911 or Olson 34 that might be available in the Bay (or an Express 34 or 37 for that matter).

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
My oh my. That boat looks clean. The fixed prop hints that it was not raced much if at all. Propane galley range, too. Looks like the first owner optioned it out a lot.

Slick470

Member III
Loren, it really does look clean and well set up for cruising. It would take a bit to update it for any serious racing if that were the goal, but it looks to be a very nice starting point. I wish ours had been that well taken care of.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Loren, it really does look clean and well set up for cruising. It would take a bit to update it for any serious racing if that were the goal, but it looks to be a very nice starting point. I wish ours had been that well taken care of.
Yeah. Also ours....
which was a real 'fixer upper' when we bought it many years ago.
OTOH, it was indeed the "right" boat for us! :)

K2MSmith

Sustaining Member
Spotted this boat in my marina yesterday before going out sailing ( Sausalito) . It looks like a nice Olson 911 (?) - well kept . Not for sale but just happened to see it.

Attachments

• CE650A2D-67B2-416B-9098-621FD567825F.jpeg
    CE650A2D-67B2-416B-9098-621FD567825F.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 18

thadwoz

Member I
Agreed; let me know if you happen to see it on the market. Hope you had a great sail, it was an amazing weekend on the water in the Bay.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
And, it never hurts to politely ask if a boat is for sale. I have turned down an offer for our boat, in 2017, and a friend with a 911s in our club sez he gets at least one phone call a year from strangers looking for one.
No harm in asking, and sometimes you find someone who was thinking of making a change but had not gotten around to doing it.

K2MSmith

Sustaining Member
And, it never hurts to politely ask if a boat is for sale. I have turned down an offer for our boat, in 2017, and a friend with a 911s in our club sez he gets at least one phone call a year from strangers looking for one.
No harm in asking, and sometimes you find someone who was thinking of making a change but had not gotten around to doing it.
“Almost anything is for sale at the right price”.