• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wanted - E32-3 Headsails in decent condition

SarahL

I'm looking for a larger headsail for light winter days - I have Harken roller furling, and right now the only jib I have is less than 100%, so I'd be interested in anything from about 125% to 150%, in fair or better condition. Anybody need to make some space in their sail locker???

Sarah:egrin:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
And theTape sez........

Sarah,
Those roller reefing setups tend to be fussy about luff length. I have a Harken and like it, BTW.
Since it's possible that any given boat could have been ordered new with the "standard" rig, the "tall" rig, or another spar length that the original owner specified...
Could you post up the pin-to-pin luff length of your present jib?

Used sails can sometimes be a great bargain, but you gotta be careful that you do not spend $ on a recut that will diminish the savings.

Cheers,
Loren

ps: we are about to order up a smaller jib - about a 125 tape drive- to replace our present 135 dacron that's getting a bit old.
Never satisfied! :rolleyes:

pps: I have done one delivery in a 32-3. Nice easy motion in large and lumpy seas. :)

Last edited:

SarahL

Luff Length

Thanks Loren - yes, I gathered that about the roller furling - according to the sail maker the luff length of the current jib is 40.400 ft. I'll measure it next time I'm at the boat, and certainly before buying anything.
I was thinking I could remove the drum and use a sail with a slightly longer luff for light days - again I need to actually measure, and definitely avoid recuts, since I'm looking for something to use for a winter or so while I save up for a new sail. Buying used also seems like a relatively cheap way to figure out what size I REALLY want to invest in eventually.

Sarah

windjunkee

Member III
I have a very lightly used Ullman dacron race cut #2 that I could part with.
Its from my 32-2 though. J=13 I=38

I bought it before putting the roller furling on, then purchased a new North 3DL #2 designed for the furler, and we simply don't use the Ullman any more. I'd say we sailed with the old #2 less than 20 days total.

Let me know if you think it may fit your needs

Jim McCone
Voice of Reason E-32-2 Hull #134
Redondo Beach, CA

Last edited: