• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wanted E34 or E35 with aft cabin and fin keel; preferably in the NE.

patrscoe

Member III
There are three on yachtworld and two are within the NE.

35-3 has a very similar hull design, different interior layout.

paul k

There are three on yachtworld and two are within the NE.

35-3 has a very similar hull design, different interior layout.
Patrick - thank you for this. Have already seen the one in MA - may go see the one in ME. Really interested in the E34 because of aft cabin.
How do you like your boat ? What year is yours ? If not PSC, how do you like the marelon seacocks ? and the zipper headliners..

tx

P

patrscoe

Member III
My 34-2 is 1988. Although I am sure they are out there, I have not seen a PSC 34-2 model.

I purchased my sailboat late 2018 and what I like about her the most is her sailing characteristics, easy to handle and points well. Just a good boat to sail. yes, I like the aft cabin and more so, the aft head. It is ideal when sailing overnight, less motion towards the aft head than a bow layout.
Many new sailboats are using Marelon seacocks but I don't like them - no reason - just more of a personal preference and since I thought it was time to replace a few of them due to lack of maintenance, I ended up changing them out to bronze seacocks (all but 1).
Also I think you will find that Ericson models are well built with excellent build quality for a production sailboat. More so than a Catalina or similar manufacturer.
I have had headliners on a previous sailboat and it was awful but I don't mind this one. Fairly tight and was maintain well.
Sure, there are some minor negatives, like any sailboat. Bilge could be deeper, not a big fan of the anchor locker... but these are minor compared to the positives.
I looked at a Tartan 34-2 and newer version of a Pearson 36, and the Ericson 34-2 was a better sailboat in my eyes.

goldenstate

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
I saw a Pacific Seacraft Ericson 350 over the weekend in Alameda.

The PSC E350 is an Ericson 34-2 with a different deck. The PSC boats are extremely well-made. Here is the listing:

It went into contract very near the asking price after only one week. Dated electronics, infrequently sailed, but otherwise a lovely boat. Crealock-style ports instead of the iconic Ericson designs. But the stainless ports seem to hold up better.

Hanktoo

Member III
My boat is a 35-2, presently not on the market and in the middle of an interior project. May be selling due to health reasons if you are interested. Probably some pictures out there from my previous posts.

paul k

Hanktoo - sorry to hear you might be selling for health reasons. I would prefer a newer boat - in addition, need the aft cabin and the deep fin keel

tx
P

Hanktoo

Member III
No worries, there is the chance health improves and get to finish her. Would be nice to get paneling out of my basement in any case.

Attachments

• Two coats of cetol.jpg
    Two coats of cetol.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 7

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
While I like our interior layout a lot (very similar to an E-34-2), gotta say that when I and the Admiral spend an evening happy hour aboard a pristine E-35-2 at a rendezvous we were totally impressed.
Roomy interior and warm woodwork; actually much better for socializing than our boat's "tri-cabin" layout with its smaller central living area. I was pleasantly surprised to see how pleasant the traditional layout worked.
As happens, there is often more than one right answer to a question!
:egrin: