• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wanted: Ericson 25 on a trailer

klb67pgh

Member III
I have been looking for an Ericson 25 on a trailer for quite a while. I am in Western PA but will travel for the right boat. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks.

Kevin

gstepler

Member I
Kevin,
I have a 1978 E25 C/B, Hull #377 (they ended the production run at #384 I believe), and what I believe is a factory trailer in the Boston, MA area. Ironically I was about to post to the forum for opinions on a bigger Ericson for sale as I'm interested in a slightly bigger boat.

PM me if your interested.

Greg

klb67pgh

Member III
I will start a new post at some point on another sub-forum, but I couldn't be happier to close the loop on this thread and type that I towed E25 C/B Hull #377 home to me on Monday/Tuesday, and we should splash her at her new home on Sunday. I feel slight remorse for removing her from such beautiful and interesting sailing grounds in and around Salem, MA to a relatively docile freshwater lake in PA, but I hope she doesn't mind too much. I can't thank Greg enough for the day and a half he gave to help us inspect the boat and show me how to lower the mast and otherwise get her situated for her long journey home. I grinned as I reviewed my initial post above - this one is definitely the right boat given her condition based on what I've seen so far.

As planned as part of the Ericson upgrade, today I sold my 1976 O'Day Daysailer II to a lovely couple I got to spent a few hours with today sailing on my home lake to help them decide if they wanted to jump into the sailing community and buy her. I've bought several boats but never sold one until today - it feels strange.

olsenjohn

John Olsen
Blogs Author
Congratulations on your new E25! I know you will enjoy her, and she won't mind a bit sailing around on a freshwater lake. She just wants to be loved and sailed :)

E25 Hull # 104

gabriel

Live free or die hard
Congratulations!

I own a 25CB (#260) that I've been refitting since 2018. Got her in the water for the first time this season. Boat sails very nicely, like a dream actually. You will not be disappointed.

Any questions feel free to ask me i know this boat like the back of my hand by now.

heres the maiden sail right after installing the new centerboard:

Here’s a sail about 3 weeks ago (please I don’t want to hear about my girls and the life vest, they had them on pretty much all day except thise 5 minutes. in future outings they will have them on the whole time no matter how much they cry. we all make mistakes).

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
I have a beautiful 85 28+ shoal, on a trailer in Northern Colorado...posted on FB marketplace...
north sails, garmin touch screen nav, new harkin self tailing winches, blocks...nice 28'ter...

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
these trailers are tough to find ++

Attachments

• e28.jpg
    e28.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 6

John326

I have been looking for an Ericson 25 on a trailer for quite a while. I am in Western PA but will travel for the right boat. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks.

Kevin
I have an Ericson 25+ on a trailer with 9.9 sail drive motor

Attachments

• A1D54809-C7BC-4F5D-83DE-EED445A74276.jpeg
    A1D54809-C7BC-4F5D-83DE-EED445A74276.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 6
  • D086BE93-C240-4E66-BCF5-96C9C7AFF706.jpeg
    D086BE93-C240-4E66-BCF5-96C9C7AFF706.jpeg
    193.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 3D972CB6-F364-4F5B-B4A3-95B78466E65D.jpeg
    3D972CB6-F364-4F5B-B4A3-95B78466E65D.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 6