• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wanted- Formica and Teak Ply

bigd14

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
I’m undertaking a galley modification. Does anyone have a small (~25x36 inches) piece of the Ericson matching Formica they would be willing to sell me? I’ll gladly travel in OR and WA to pick up, but you’ll have to be willing to talk boats for awhile for my trouble. :)

Also looking for a piece of teak plywood minimum size 24x26 inches.

Thanks,

Doug

peaman

Sustaining Member
I happen to have a fresh piece of "matte almond" Formica, about 85"x49" for which I have no use here in Rhode Island. I paid $95 for a full sheet 97"x49", but would be willing to consider shipping all or part of it as long as it is at no further cost to me (no charge for reasonable effort). The sheet came to me in a roll 15" in diameter, so it could be shipped by UPS the same way in a 15x15 box, length as requested, or flat in whatever dimension you like. I have no idea of shipping cost, so if you could look into that and advise if/how you'd like to proceed, let me know.

You might also try contacting cabinet shops to see if they could provide an amount and color/texture of your choice at lower cost or inconvenience.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Please see reply 3, in this thread. Late 80's Formica might be the same version. (?)

bigd14

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Thank you all. I am reconsidering how to go about this. I might need more Formica because I will have to build a recessed shelf for the Origo 3000. I will need to get a little further along in planning to determine my ultimate needs.

5C5D2F4E-687A-4817-8100-A6132CA16DEB.jpeg

markvone

Sustaining Member
Hey Doug,

I too have a fairly large piece of Almond Formica remaining from a small job. It came rolled in a box as Peaman describes. I'll be sorting and inventorying my boat parts/leftover supplies in the next week in prep for a major downsize so I will post here what size I have. The piece I have exactly matched my 1981 interior Formica factory countertops and head/shower interior (Formica color Almond 920-58). You can still buy Formica sheets to match at Lowes or Home Depot and I think, free shipping.
Mark