• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

wanted: RH prop with 3/4" bore

Dave Hussey

Member III
HELP: I am looking for a RH, 2 or 3 blade prop with a diameter in the range of 11" to 13", and pitch in the range of 4" to 6".

The shaft bore size is 3/4".
This year I decided to try something: I have been suffering the consequences of motoring with a LH prop on my E27 witch has a port-offset shaft. The result is very uncomfortable due to added torque and rudder pressure, and backing down is impossible to control...so I am going to reverse the control cable on my MS Volvo gearbox and run it in the opposite direction...I'm running a Volvo MD6B 10hp diesel turning a Volvo MS reversing gearbox, with no additional gear reduction. As far as I can tell the MS provides 1.9:1 reduction on the output.
My contact info:
email = n7bqv@yahoo.com
cellular= 253-549-6992
THANK YOU :egrin:

Last edited:

Dave Hussey

Member III
Still hoping to find a used prop for my E27 before haul out in April. Anybody??
Specifications desired: 3/4" shaft bore ... diameter from 10" to 13"... pitch from 4" to 6"

tpcorrigan

Member II
Still hoping to find a used prop for my E27 before haul out in April. Anybody??
Specifications desired: 3/4" shaft bore ... diameter from 10" to 13"... pitch from 4" to 6"
I have a prop sitting on my desk at my work from our 1976 E27. I was going to mount on a stand. We upgraded to a three blade indigo unit in 2018 and have not looked back. love the extra power when going reverse. if interested I can measure, take a picture and figure if it is what your looking for. I believe it is original to the boat.

On another thought, what offset? our 1976 #850 is maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch off center, if that. I have a friend with a 1976 27 C&C and his offset is literally 8 inches to port. now that's an offset

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
For decades I have marveled at the offset angle for the shafts on many of the C&C boats. Rumor is that this was done to negate "prop steer" or turning forces going forward. Additionally it made removing the shaft easy. I have no idea if the science is accurate, tho. (?)

JPS27

Member III
I have a martec RH 3/4" bore folding prop. Message me if you're interested and we can discuss the measurement particulars.

supersailor

Contributing Partner
Try a hard blast of power in reverse then backing down to idle after the boat is moving. That gives the rudder a chance to bite and steer the boat. The rudder has zero effect at zero knots. Most of us are way too wussy near the docks. A blast of power with the rudder over does not add to speed. Try the various combinations of power and rudder around a plastic mooring buoy. Way cheaper than using other boats as fenders.