• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wanted salvaged table (or drop leaf) from Ericson 28

maxton1

Previous owners removed the drop leaf from the table so the port settee can't access the table properly. They did a good job redoing the table so I can't tell how the drop leaf was mounted. I'd love to just replace the whole table with a stock salvaged table, but would also be interested in just the leaf if you have one.

william.haas

1990 Ericson 28-2
I am happy to take some photos of the table and leaf on my 28 so you can see how it is mounted. Just let me know (I should be by the boat this weekend)...

maxton1

I am happy to take some photos of the table and leaf on my 28 so you can see how it is mounted. Just let me know (I should be by the boat this weekend)...
That would be most helpful, thank you. I can at least see how it was put together so maybe I can custom build something that will fit!

william.haas

1990 Ericson 28-2
Did you get a chance to shoot those pictures of your table?
Hi Maxton... here you go. If there are others that you need just let me know... it's finally warm enough in Chicago to get some projects done while I wait for our harbors to open (closed due to COVID-19). IMG_0836.jpgIMG_0837.jpgIMG_0838.jpg

william.haas

1990 Ericson 28-2
You are quite welcome.

Its a 1990. Also... future tip, you can click on folks' profiles and often they have their boat information listed. A great way to better understand some questions/answers/comments that are posted on the site.

Last edited:

maxton1

Its a 1990. Also... future tip, you can click on folks' profiles and often they have their boat information listed. A great way to better understand some questions/answers/comments that are posted on the site.
Good to know! If you have a moment, 2 more shots would be helpful; the hinges that attach the table to the wall, and the mechanism that keeps it folded in the Up position. Looking at yours I now realize that mine was HEAVILY modified, so I may want to start from scratch. Than you so much for your help with this!

william.haas

1990 Ericson 28-2
Good to know! If you have a moment, 2 more shots would be helpful; the hinges that attach the table to the wall, and the mechanism that keeps it folded in the Up position. Looking at yours I now realize that mine was HEAVILY modified, so I may want to start from scratch. Than you so much for your help with this!

Attachments

• 05D9D51D-0033-4B90-85AB-B1A65ED22B78.jpeg
    05D9D51D-0033-4B90-85AB-B1A65ED22B78.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 26
  • C7C33A76-875F-406D-A8AE-830C1FCF2F6C.jpeg
    C7C33A76-875F-406D-A8AE-830C1FCF2F6C.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 25
  • B6FCC158-AA19-4181-BC51-40953102CF9C.jpeg
    B6FCC158-AA19-4181-BC51-40953102CF9C.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DA3D6CCE-F752-4851-8C33-F1DF2B75A68A.jpeg
    DA3D6CCE-F752-4851-8C33-F1DF2B75A68A.jpeg
    326.2 KB · Views: 27

william.haas

1990 Ericson 28-2
Hope that helps! Note the two small hooks that we use to attach a kitchen sized garbage bag - they do not have any purpose for the table setup. If you need any others just let me know.

maxton1

Hope that helps! Note the two small hooks that we use to attach a kitchen sized garbage bag - they do not have any purpose for the table setup. If you need any others just let me know.
These are great! Thank you! Now I know how it's supposed to be offset from the wall.

LEB

Member I
Interior renovations preclude this ever going back into my E25+. No idea what it would cost to ship from S.E. Michigan to Oregon (it is heavy) but you could have it for just that. Forgot to deploy tape measure in photos but it is 40" from the hinge to the aft end and 3' wide when open. What were they thinking with that choice of formica?

Attachments

• IMG-1733.jpg
    IMG-1733.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-1734.jpg
    IMG-1734.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 11

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Ah yes... the 70's.... gas shortages and booming sales of sail boats. And 'fashion' --- Formica (r) interiors in boats and Herculon(r) upholstery fabric.
Some of these fashion trends have worn better than others! :) Yikes.....

Since lots of similar-configured finished wood furniture items routinely ship in flat boxes ("knock down" or "KD") since the 80's, I think that a call to your local store front shipper like UPS is in order. Length, width, thickness and weight will matter.
Back a number of years ago an EY.o member sold me his unused cockpit folding table. I do not recall the shipping costing me much.
As for the unfashionable dated surface, you can always replace it with an off-white laminate or even a teak veneer overlay. (?)

maxton1

@LEB That looks exactly right. Let me think on this, as I haven't dealt with the table issue yet; the wife and I keep going back and forth about whether it's necessary or not, but I really would like both settees to be able to reach the table. I have relatives in Dearborn, but I never get out that way. Maybe somebody would mule for me on their next road trip...

LEB

Member I
OK. It can go back in the garage attic. I'm less than 20 minutes South of Dearborn if comes to that. I thought of peeling off that formica but it would require digging the bungs out of the edge mouldings. Maybe a high quality epoxy paint?
The rest of Olefin's colors still work for me... but then I have some fond memories of that era.Olefin.jpg